- Pick up and drop Off
- Local official mountain guide
- Liability insurance
- The walk starts at Pico do Areeiro, approximately at 1818 meters above sea level.
The objective is to reach the highest point of Madeira, Pico Ruivo (around 1861 meters).
- At the mountain walk we have panoramic views of Madeira over the central mountain is absolutely breathtaking.
- After stopping at Pico Ruivo we will start the descent until Achadas do Teixeira where this walk ends.
- Take a hike up to the highest point on the Madeira Islands
- Walk past ancient volcanic peaks
- Challenge yourself to reach the 6,107ft (1862m) peak
Know before you go
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Food and drinks
Duration: approximately 4 hours 30 minutes
- Distance: 10km
- Highest point: 1862m
- Lowest point: 1542m
- Location: Santana
- Difficulty: Difficult